Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tea Tree Oil and Kitties Don't Mix

This past Wednesday, we had a scare after I'd attempted to remove a tick from my daughter's kitty, Leslie, using tea tree oil.  Little did I know that tea tree oil is extremely toxic to cats and can even lead to death.  (Tea Tree Oil Toxicity) After examining the tick and bite, my daughter did some research online and gave Leslie some raw food mixed with charcoal.  I posted a plea for prayer on Facebook, as well as asking for prayer during our evening Bible study/prayer meeting, and we just continued to watch her and keep her hydrated.

Tea Tree Oil and Kitties Do Not Mix


Later in the evening, she began to act just a bit differently... a little quiet, but she still seemed okay.  My daughter took her up to bed as she usually does, and the next morning, I waited anxiously for them both to come downstairs.  Not only did Leslie seem to be herself again, but she even invited my daughter to play a game of hide-n-seek!  Yay!  Thank you, Lord!





Texture by David Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment