Monday, August 16, 2010

What's On Your List?

Yard Sale Finds


Have you ever talked about doing something either over the summer or within the next year, but realized you had allowed time to pass and wished you’d done it? My daughter and I have mentioned a few things to do over the summer: We went blueberry picking at a pick-your-own farm for the first time... check... and we went to a few yard sales this past Saturday even though I am nursing a bad summer cold... *sniff cough cough* Summer is quickly coming to an end, and since most yard sales are only on the weekends, I didn’t want to put it off any longer.

I thought the silver spoons, as well as the unique forks, would make a nice addition to our culinary supplies and photo props, since my daughter loves to cook and bake and practice food designing. Not bad for a dollar, huh? I also paid a dollar for the pretty dragonfly pin, and I couldn’t pass up the coffee mug. After all, not only was it free, but it has my new granddaughter’s name on it.

So, what else is on our list for this summer? We’d like to go kayaking, and I’d like to go to the ocean, walk on the beach, feel the sand between my toes, hear the waves crash and the seagulls call, and eat junk food from the boardwalk. What’s on your list?


No comments:

Post a Comment