Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ting-a-Ling-a-Ling


“Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.”  --Matthew 13:52

My son, Max, caught the flu.  His new wife recently became pregnant, so most everyone thought it best for them to be apart until he is no longer contagious.  She went to stay with her parents, while he came to stay with us.


Our pastor has on occasion lightheartedly teased our family for communicating to each other through e-mail while living in the same household, not to mention those who text each other while in close proximity.  Although I think he’d perfectly understand, I can only imagine his amused expression to learn that my son has been using his cell phone instead of a ‘sick bell’ while he has been under ‘quarantine’.  Hey, while it may not be as nostalgic and cute as a ‘sick bell’, it’s more timely.  And I can still set my alert tone to sound like a bell if I become wistful.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It certainly isn't as demanding as a bell, is it? Bells never do say please. Max has nice manners.

    ReplyDelete