Friday, September 11, 2009

Black Mission Figs


For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lump of figs, and lay it for a plaster... and [Hezekiah] shall recover. --Isaiah 38:21

My daughter wanted to try a fresh fig, so I bought some at the co-op a few days ago.  The very first bite is a bit unusual, but they are actually very tasty... and they're really good for you too.  They have lots of potassium, calcium, fiber, Vitamin A, protein, and fiber.  Even the Bible mentions using them for healing.  So try some.  They're sure to do some good, and I think you just might enjoy them too.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love figs! And that photo is so pretty.

    Don't know if you'd want to read it, but I wrote something about our own little fig tree a few years ago. They're not supposed to grow well here, but every year it gets a tiny bit bigger and makes a few more figs.

    http://onbrightstreet.blogspot.com/2004/09/fig.html

    ReplyDelete